This is a quick guide to fixing the issue related to incorrect dates in the Power BI service. Here is how to change the date format in the Power BI Service.
In this case the developer has created the date correctly in Power BI Desktop, however, users are still seeing a different date format.
Example: Power BI desktop shows (30/1/2017) but the user sees (1/30/2017) or vice versa.
The issue is caused by a combination of the settings in the Power BI Service and the settings in your browser. In this case, we are going to use chrome for the example.
Starting inside the Power BI service (app.powerbi.com)
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner
2) Click on Settings
3) Select Language
4) Select Default Browser Language
5) Go to the Browser Settings
6) Search browser setting for “Language”
7) If your correct language/region is not shown select add language
8) Select the 8 vertical dots next to the language you want to be the primary language
9) Choose Display Google Chrome in this Language
10) Go back to Power BI and refresh your report/dashboard